Mental Health First Aid 2-Day Course
This is a two day course, led by a MHFA England instructor, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix.
- This is a two day face to face course
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities
- We limit numbers to 12 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
- 6 months of support after training has completed
As these are free courses we have a responsibility to ensure those who attend are able to make the most of their learning in the farming and rural communities we seek to serve. This means in order to be eligible you must have direct contact with these communities, perhaps through your work, where you live, or through volunteering. It is for this reason we ask for a referee.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and more information