This autumn YANA has been presenting the first of our ‘Have you heard about YANA? We Have’ plaques to the farming-related businesses that have been making big efforts to get our name and the help we offer out to as many farms as possible.
We know that working on our own we would have a much smaller positive effect on the mental health of the industry. It is our partnerships with farm-related businesses and the willingness of those working with and on farms, that really makes such a big difference.
The magnificent seven
Seven businesses so far have been presented with a plaque in recognition of their support of YANA and contribution to the improvement of rural mental health
- AF, the largest farmer-owned farm input buying group in the UK, are taking YANA packs out on visits to their Members, have nominated YANA as one of their key charities, and have sold greeting cards to raise funds and awareness.
- Agrovista East of England, has distributed 250 YANA packs to their farming customers and have nominated staff to attend our Mental Health First Aid courses in 2022.
- Alan Boswell Group have donated money to YANA which is supporting our helpline and free counselling service.
- The Anderson Family received a plaque for their continued support of fundraising for YANA.
- British Sugar arranged a YANA presentation at their Peterborough office for key staff and those dealing with calls from growers, published articles in Sugar Beet Review magazine which reaches 3000 growers, and arranged a YANA presentation to 50 East Anglian sugar beet contractors and hauliers at their training day. Special credit to Anthony Hagen, British Sugar Agronomist, for supporting the Lloyds/Archant Rural Mental Health campaign which included a video of Anthony, as well as articles for the Eastern Daily Press newspaper.
- Crown Chickens have distributed 151 packs to their supplier farms and have one YANA-trained Mental Health First Aider who is supported to promote mental health awareness throughout the business.
- Longfield’s Insurance have sent a number of staff to attend our Mental Health First Aid course and have the YANA logo printed on all their envelopes. This means every one of their customers sees there is practical mental health support available.
Each of the seven businesses was delighted to receive and display their YANA plaque, which acknowledges their efforts to improve rural mental health by encouraging conversations and reducing stigma.
Why YANA wants to present plaques
Getting YANA packs out to farms is vital. YANA packs inform and remind those who most need it, that support is available to them, it’s confidential and it’s free.
All the businesses presented with plaques have existing relationships with farms and are trusted voices in the industry. They are therefore well placed to explain what YANA does and look out for signs of poor mental health.
We are delighted and grateful that these businesses have committed to raising awareness of mental health and the support available for the farming and rural business communities by working together with YANA. Our aim of reaching every farm is slowly being achieved with the support of those that work directly with the farms.
If you are part of – or know – a business that would like to partner with YANA to raise awareness, then do get in touch with us. A lovely YANA plaque could be coming to a wall near you.